Bethany Muddiman, 23 years old. Fashion and beauty lover!

No make up rule at school!

For this blog post, I wanted to talk about a subject that I think affects quite a lot of people. And that is the no make up rule that is applied for many schools across the UK and any other country's that also has this rule.

I left school three years ago so these rule's do not apply to me anymore but do to so many other people. When I was at school, I wasn't too bothered about wearing make up. If I'm honest I was quite confident with the way I looked and was happy to walk into school with my face completely bare.
Unfortunately this wasn't the case for some of my friends and the people in my class. There were people who never got into trouble, were well behaved and worked hard. But for them they felt insecure and felt better with make up on. Which in my opinion is absolutely fine. If wearing make up makes people feel better about themselves then surly this would give them the confidents to arrive to school and get on with their work.

I can understand if school's do this if there having girls or boys sit in class, apply their make up giving them distractions from their work then that's fair in enough.

The school that I went to (which I won't name) had staff stand at the entrance of the school doors and watch everyone come in and if they saw that someone was wearing too much make up then they would make them take it off with a wet wipe. For me I think It is just ridiculous. It almost feels like your trending on egg shells, waiting for someone to just come up to you and demand for you to take your make up off. Worst off all because you had to take your make up off, your teacher at your first lesson would then moan at you for being late. If the teacher hadn't stopped you in the first place you wouldn't be late and you would be able to get on with your work and not distract your education.      

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig