Bethany Muddiman, 23 years old. Fashion and beauty lover!

Is it ever too early?

With the start of the Autumn season begging to approach us, it's time to put away the daisy duke shorts and our bright, neon coloured bikini. Before we know it the leaves will all have turned orange and the ankle boots will soon be making a reappearance. And before you know it, Halloween will have been and gone and wait for it,,, yes that's right Christmas will be on it's way.

Before you start saying, "it's only September, we have ages yet". Yes I know Christmas couldn't be any further away, but when I was at work at the weekend. One of my colleagues had placed a sign upon the till surface letting customers know that "our Christmas shop will be ready for Monday 22nd of September". This then got me thinking, when is too early to start thinking about Christmas?

Bearing in mind, Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. I love (sometimes) the cold weather, the warm, hot drinks at Starbucks and walking round the beautifully decorated shops, buying all the lovely presents for my friends and family. Not to mention the amazing Christmas dinner of home made Yorkshire pudding and freshly cooked roast potatoes. There couldn't be anything better than that.

But when I saw the sign giving the information to customers that by Monday the shop will be decorated in tall Christmas trees, shiny tinsel and fake, white, powdery snow. This message only made me realise that without actually saying it, the sign applied that you need to start your Christmas shopping at the date being shown. When I see something like this, I imminently start panicking. I start running through my mind what I'm going to get people and when I'm going to get it. Because it's not like I've got three whole months to get them??

If your like me and start panicking at the thought of Christmas shopping, just take a step back and just say to your self, there is three months in till Christmas day. That is plenty of time before you have to start your Christmas shopping. If it makes it any easier, why don't you plan what your going to get people and how much your going to spend on each person. This will give you a rough idea about what to get people and remember it's the thought that counts.
  

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig